Friday, July 15, 2011

The Playroom Makeover

My hubby and I found our home almost 2 years ago, after a year of looking at houses while living in a hot, crowded town home. We found this one and it was PERFECT, the thing is, it needed a make over badly. So after two years, I finally tackled the former formal dining area.
It went from "oh my Gosh, the toys ahhhh"
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

To this..
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Then to..
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Finally..
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I liked it, but didn't LOVE it. So much was missing. But a trip to Home Goods and Hobby Lobby changed that.
As of now..
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Ta daaaa!

First off, the pine cones!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
The boys have a big collection of pine cones thanks to our 3 large pine trees. Hobby Lobby had their spray paint on sale, plus we had some lying around the house, painted a few, put them in my Home Goods canisters and yay something for the shelves!!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I found these awesome holders at Hobby Lobby from $5.49-2.29 not too shabby. Their colors, markers, paints and stickers were in one giant box, but why not put them on display? Make art supplies the art!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I fell IN LOVE with these giant chess pieces! I needed them, plus they were only $1.09 each at Hobby Lobby, down from $4.99 each! They make awesome book or movie ends!

I still have a few more tweaks to make to the rest of the room. Some of which I'll be doing this weekend, so I'll share when I'm done!

Happy Friday!!!

1 comment:

  1. playroom looks great! we have very similar shelving in our playroom too! =)
    following from CM =)

    ReplyDelete