Saturday, July 16, 2011

All you need is Love...

A few weeks ago I was checking out stores in Old Town Spring, Texas, it's a cute little place with some adorable and interesting shops. One of my favorite is Thad's. I browsed their shop and this caught my eye
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photo from Thad's @ http://www.thads.net/

I knew it would be more than a few dollars, so I figured I would give it a shot, attempting to do it myself. I picked up a board at Lowe's for only $7.50 and gave it a nice sanding, priming and painting.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Then we had to space out the two different sized letters. The first go round didnt go so great, the stencil messed up a few letters by sticking, so it got a nice paint job again.

It finally ended up looking like
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I wanted it to have a vintage, worn feeling to it, but no dice. So I took a hammer to it and got a few dents in, but it still didn't look right. I asked around, a lot of people suggested a cracking spray paint, but I was determined to do this project under $10. Finally, someone said to use brewed coffee or tea bags, so I made a pitcher if tea and gave it a go
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Yay! New use for tea bags!

So now, it's sitting in the living room spreading the love
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment